Friday, July 28, 2006

What's Next?

Today I conducted two more interviews for my podcast. It's now just a matter of getting to the editing and begin getting shows produced.

I continue to remain dismayed at this whole Hezbollah-Israeli thing. It is now obvious that the Arabs are not going to let go of the fact that Israel is trespassing on their land. It's funny how all the religious prophesy is coming to pass, like the fact that Israel became a nation again in 1948. But, if Israel is obliterated, then that won't exactly play out like the prophesy says. It's a scary time right now and I'm not sure what will happen next. What I do know is that both the U.S. and Israel are currently engaged in long drawn-out wars that will not end until the invading forces withdraw. Perhaps this is part of a grand plan of our enemies -- to draw the U.S. and Israel into long wars that will gradually wear down both nations. Then the yahoos will launch the next phase of their "Holy War."

So, one time as a kid I was on the bus and this little short kid was threatening to beat the crap out of me, and I said, "Why can't we just be friends?" Like I really wanted to be friends with the guy. Anyway, the guy roughed me up some but didn't finish me off, and once I got off the bus my friends gave me a hard time. "Why didn't you fight?" my friend Brad said. Maybe it was because I valued my teeth. Maybe I just didn't see the point. I really do think violence in all its forms is barbaric. We humans are really primitive and aggressive creatures.

Anyway, back to the Mideast. The Zionists wanted to have a nation again after many centuries. It was a great, romantic dream. The Arabs wish to make this dream a nightmare -- at least make it very costly to live there. The war and violence just doesn't stop. The Palestinian Arabs want their land back, and want to have their own nation in Israel's place. At least, that appears to be their intention. Maybe Israel should withdraw from the West Bank. That would at least be a fair compromise. But a lot of Islamic extremists want more than that -- they won't rest until Israel is destroyed.

So, I can see more terrorism, getting the United States dragged into a second war, and the nightmare goes on. It's a nutty world, man.

No comments: