Monday, January 16, 2006

Happy MLK Day



We march for our future.

A Special Day

I'm really tired, overworked, and burnt out. Everyday is a repeat of the last day, and when you get older it seems to go in fast motion. I wish I could have been there in the MLK parade — it's been several years since I've marched.

It's like constantly I have this guilt on my shoulders that I have to try and save the world, but there are times when I'm just trying to survive, trying to hold my job, trying to stay afloat financially, trying to keep up with the hundreds of things that never get done, and I'm just thinking that, well, maybe I should just let it go for this one afternoon, but I can't. I think that maybe there are some politicians out there doing the job of saving the world, but I know there aren't. There ARE a handful of people trying to make the world better, but most of them are only programmed to save a small part of it, and they don't work toward the overall goal. But each in their own way contributes. Every single person in the picture above is a big winner in my book because they are actually DOING SOMETHING, yes, DOING FUCKING SOMETHING to make the world better.

And then there are the millions and millions of innate people. Yes, the Republican Party is the party of greed, and the party of the innate. And God bless my dear brother friend Jack Clark, who has a weekly podcast called Blast the Right, and each week he exposes more of the pathetic Hard Right hypocrisy. So, yes, Jack is doing something beautiful because he is standing up for truth and justice, and he is exposing the lies and the evil, and the Machine that wants it all.

So, half the time I'm not really doing anything, and blogging doesn't count toward saving the world, it's really a waste of time. But I still do a lot of volunteer work for the environment, and I still give a lot more time then most people, but it's not nearly enough. And then I think about all the things I COULD be doing with my God-given talents to organize, but I'm not using them, so really, I am just wasted brain matter. But every thing takes time, it requires driving, and it requires a lot of energy. It is so much easier just to stare blankly at the boob tube and watch the nightly garbage, like the millions of other innate Americans. I should just snuggle in front of the TV and watch 24, whatever the hell that is.

But I can't .... because .... I can never get over that guilt of not doing .... enough ... to save the world.

No comments: