Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hellbound

Ahhh, I should have paid my credit card bill on time!!!!

I simply do not have the ability to believe in anything that cannot be proven. I lost my faith at age 21 and I spent the next 16 years trying to FORCE myself to believe, but it wore me out and I just couldn't do it.

For that, Christians tell me that I'm going to hell. Yes, they've told me right to my face.

It is odd to me that God only wants people who can put faith over reason in His Heaven. I can't even question that, for I am told that I shouldn't question God.

My Life

I am told that everyone must go to Hell because we have sinned, but that God will put us in this beautiful, nice place called Heaven if we "ask for forgiveness."

I don't claim to be perfect. I know that "lust" is a sin, but not sure how it is defined. I'm guessing it means having sexual desires for another man's wife. Well, I'm sure that I've done that before, so I have lusted. I do enjoy looking at pretty women. I do like talking to them and making them laugh. I am sunk. Of course, if I "lust" the same sex, that is even a WORSE sin.

I do remember stealing once, but it wasn't really intentional. At one of my early jobs at age 20 I had some work tools that my boss told me to keep in my car trunk (because theft was so high at our workplace). When he left, I didn't know who to return them to.

I am not claiming to be a saint or trying to be righteous, I'm just saying that I'm not sure what sin is getting me into hell. I really try to be a good person according to my own, personal standards. I try not to hurt anyone. I try to avoid killing an insect when possible. I have never struck my pets or any person.

Not Fair

I do remember the story of Ted Bundy, the serial killer of 30 young women, who was led to Christ prior to his execution by James Dobson from Focus on the Family fame. Now, my question is, why does God want all these sicko murders in Heaven? And why does Ted Bundy get in and I don't, just because I require proof?

Furthermore, I am told that Jews and Muslims won't get into heaven unless they "accept Christ." Now, let's be frank -- the chances of a Jew or Muslim converting to Christianity are about the same as a Christian converting to one of their religions.

And not to mention all those poor, primitive tribesmen. You know, the ones that the missionaries never found. They will be in Hell too.

There is the chance that Hitler could have said the "three sentence prayer" before blowing his brains out in his bunker. Sick and scary, but you never know.

A Strange Place

So, Heaven will be full of people with blind faith, serial killers, and mostly people of European descent. For the most part, Christians segregate themselves by sect and race, so I imagine Heaven will be the same way. I am told by Baptists that not even Catholics can get into Heaven unless they say "the three sentence prayer" and that is not part of their belief. Oh, well.

Let's face it, if you are BORN into a Christian home your chances of becoming a Christian are massively increased. If you are born into one of the world's hundreds of other religions, you are likely screwed.

For the Unfortunates

For the poor folks like me, I am assured that I will face billions of years of torture. I'll be in a "lake of fire" where I will feel the pain but won't actually burn up. That really sucks. I know I shouldn't have looked at that pretty woman at the grocery store yesterday. That was a sin, and for that I shall be eternally punished. And "eternal" is forever. Wow, bummer.

1 comment:

BusterChicken said...

Sonny is praying for you.