Monday, June 19, 2006

Podcast In My Future?

I don't know. I just had this crazy idea on Friday that I should go for the Podcast thing. I have a name and everything thought out. But what I really need is a co-host. I have a guy in mind but he lives kind of far away. I'm not sure if he would go for it or not.

I read about a webcast that a couple of women have launched in Buckhead. They are trying to compete with that famous Robot girl in NY. Good luck!

Oh, I turned 46 last Thursday, hurray! On a more somber note, my barber and friend Cindy has a bad case of ovarian cancer, which has made me quite mellow these past few days. I don't pray much anymore, but I definitely pray for cancer victims because that is as worse as it gets and divine intervention is desperately needed. Thus, that is the reason I don't pray much and ask for things -- because nothing else can compare with cancer. But then again, cancer is just evolution at work -- little cells mutating, in a disastrous sort of way.

Then I read all this stuff about Ralph Reed running for Lt. Governor of Georgia and it just scares the poop out of me. The guy is very sinister, and a ruthless manipulator. He's the last thing we need in government.

Finally, I just learned about Unity '08, an Internet political movement -- and I signed up tonight! I often feel that I spend too much time in the virtual world with my writing, blogging, website, discussions boards, etc... I feel that I need to spend more time with live humans, discussing the issues, educating them, or whatever. But then I see examples like Unity '08 and MoveOn.org -- where the virtual world can actually impact the real world. And you hear about things quoted in blogs, emails, Podcasts, and webcasts every day now. People are now like locked onto their computers. In a way, it's a beautiful thing because all these blogs are turning the Internet into a living being with a common consciousness -- just like all us living things on Earth have given the Universe a sort of consciousness.

In 1993 I listened to a presentation on how computers were being used to map deforestation, and I realized that the personal computer rage could be used for great good. Then came the blog rage just a few years ago and it just seems to be a totally positive thing. I know there is bad stuff on the Internet, but the good and positive far outweigh the bad -- the Internet is the world just as it is, no censorship or shading -- just this mass of wired humanity. I like it. It's cool.

Well, I can't release too many details on my Podcast idea, but it's coming together. The biggest challenge will be finding the time and the money for a good microphone. But then again, will anyone listen to it? Yes, because I'm going to make it funny and suspenseful. I've listened to a lot of Podcasts and some are awesome and others fall short. I don't know if I have what it takes or not, but I think I'll try.

The Goose

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give it a shot. If it sucks, we'll be the first to let you know! =)