Monday, June 12, 2006

Al Gore Inspireth Me Again

I've been reading articles about Al Gore's great new movie, titled, "An Inconvenient Truth." I just learned that in the past few years, Mr. Gore has been traveling the country giving a simple but eloquent PowerPoint presentation on global warming. What has incredibly inspired me is the fact that he has given his presentation OVER A THOUSAND TIMES!

Now, that is unbelievable to me, and just so cool. I give my population presentation about four times a year and I think I'm doing good. Well, Al Gore's example has given me incentive to get more bookings.

MOVING RIGHT ALONG

So, I'm thinking today that blogging is a waste of time and utter futility. Having blogged since 2004 I find that I rarely go back to read what I wrote, so what's the point? Some folks say blogging helps you to organize and structure your thoughts. That's true, but I can get plenty of practice doing that on the many discussion lists that I'm subscribed on. So, really, what is the point of blogging? All I'm doing is taking time from myself that could be better spent doing something productive.

Maybe the utter futility of blogging is what makes it so appealing to so many people. There are a lot of special interest blogs that I read because they are often written by an "expert" or "insider" in a given field. I also like to randomly visit blogs. There are SO MANY fellow people like me, just going through life and trying to figure it all out. I can't help but think that some good will come from the current blog rage -- it's as if all of us are creating some sort of collective energy. The only problem is that we humans can't agree on anything, but maybe there's a beauty in that too.

No comments: