Saturday, June 11, 2005

Well .... sorry


I Capitulate




This comes from Brother Canary Günther:

I tell you, there is no recognizable difference between a human and a chicken embryo. What makes an animal of the human species and an animal of the chicken species lies singly and uniquely in their genes. The human gene set, only slightly different from a worm gene set and 98.5 percent identical to a chimpanzee gene set, is peculiar only by its potential to express genes leading to this bulk growth of neural tissue on one end of the body called brain. That capacity to grow a brain has at least as much been a curse to the planet and its inhabitants as it has been a blessing (I may argue it was more a curse than a blessing; it surely was no blessing for any species except a small group within the human species). I warn you. Don't allow Christians to take over politics and the moral code of humanity...

Well, okay. DNA is another reason why this whole religion thing needs to be tossed out the window. The gig's over. We need to stop playing warm fuzzy games and, instead, we need to start smelling the coffee. While the religion thing was once handy for explaining the mysteries of the Universe, it ain't working well anymore. Rather, it has become a destructive force that may very well bring the end to humanity. Really, there ain't much difference between an Islamic fundamentalist and a Christian fundamentalist — both are trying to desperately hold on to the past, even if it means destroying civilization. I mean, really, there is not much difference between the United States of America and the Islamic Republic of Iran. Both nations are willing to allow their fundamentalist elements to drive humanity into the ground, all for the sake of an ancient religion. In the next few decades, the fundamentalists will present the biggest challenge to the Big Brained Creatures (BBC). I mean, personally, I don't care if we religionize ourselves into extinction or not. I mean, what the hell, we certainly deserve anything that we've got coming.

And when we do become extinct I imagine, heck, maybe dogs will become the next dominate species. Maybe by an incredible freak of nature (well, that's exactly how evolution works) some big-brained dog will emerge. I mean, they've been domesticated for 30,000 years, so they really have the hang of things. So after the warmonger George W. Bush and the Iranians, and the North Koreans, and the terrorists nuke out and dirty bomb Mother Earth, well, a few dogs will survive and they will take over the planet.

Oh, what? That's not what the Bible says? Well, really, in a way, "yes it does." Sorry, folks. The end will not be pretty, and the end is soon, probably within this century.



I mean, really, I don't care if you continue to play your game, maintain your steeple social clubs, and believe that your myths are going to take care of everything. If you think you are going to be playing the harp, petting lions, and singing gospel hymns for trillions of years, okay, keep playing your game. I mean, I really, really don't care anymore.

I tried to warn ye, but no one listened. We have to do our little religion thing every Sunday morning while we drag ol' Mother Earth down. We have to play our game, even to the point where it doesn't make sense. Yeah, OF COURSE God planted all those dinosaur bones in the ground to test your faith. OF COURSE! Of FUCKING COURSE!!! Go ahead and keep playing your game. I really don't care. When I croak, just throw my carcass in a dipsy dumpster and be done with me. Because I don't care. You won. You got your right-wing corporate tit sucking president reelected. You got your war. You got your gay bashing laws passed. You got your stem cell research quashed. You got your abortion regulated. You got your right-wing fanatics appointed to the courts.

What more the hell do you want? What more do you need to assure our death and destruction? What more do you need to assure the misery of the disenfranchised? What more do you need to justify your tired and irrational religion?

YOU WON! I am used to being the minority now. I am used to being the loser. Honest, I really, really don't care anymore. The generation that disagreed with me is the generation that destroyed me. You, by your zealous, irrational religious convictions, stole the future from my two daughters, whom I love with all my heart. You took it, man. You spread the lies, distorted the truth, and made your little war, where poor Americans are promptly sent to die for an immoral, fat, and corrupt nation. You hold all the cards in your hand, and you played them.

So, go to your holy churches, sings your songs, and relish in your victories. For the hand that makes war will also be the hand that kills you. Play your little religious games while you can. Time is short.

Respectfully,

The Yellow Canary

No comments: