Friday, January 14, 2005

Engineering Your Own Miracle


Ahhh, ouch. God is using this
pain to teach me humility.

Well...

After blogging for seven months last year and journaling for another three, I think I've spilled out everything in my poor, pathetic mind. There are now stretches where I don't feel like blogging at all, but then I get encouragement from friends and supportive e-mails from complete strangers around the world, and I suddenly have the drive to continue.

I'm thankful for Mike the Australian Guy, who sent me several e-mails last Saturday and gave me another piece to the puzzle. And then that's when it suddenly hit me and I said, "That's why I do this!" When other bloggers and visitors send me messages, I get new enlightenment and inspiration. So, I shall continue to blog. As my good friend Joe said, "Make it a labor of love."

Another Mindblower

Okay, here's another piece of the puzzle that Mike the Australian Guy turned me onto last week. See, the re-establishment of Israel as a state in 1948 was always pointed to me as the biggest proof that the Bible is authentic. But now I have discovered that Christian Zionists played an important role in re-establishing Israel as a state. Yep, you read that right — CHRISTIAN ZIONISTS! In effect, the fundamentalist evangelical Christians began to engineer their own miracle in the late 1890s. Man, I spent most of my life in Sunday School — how come no one NEVER told me that?

Of course, the big problem is that Palestinians had already been living in the Promised Land for eons, and when the Zionists arrived, many people were forced from their homelands. In addition to Israeli settlements in Gaza and the West Bank, there are a lot of people who once lived inside Israel who are now permanently displaced. For over 100 years, this situation has become a major friction point for the entire world and has caused much hate and violence in the Middle East. Since many Arabs see the United States as unfairly siding with Israel, our own country has been the target of much terrorism and hate.

So, why did the Jewish Zionists return to Israel anyway? Because there was anti-semitism all over Europe, including France, Germany, Poland, and Russia. During this anti-Jew climate, where were the Christians of Europe between 1840 and the Holocaust? What were they doing to stop the discrimination and hate against Jews? Or were they participating in the bigotry?

Today, we have a violent, unending friction point in the Middle East, all in the name of the three great Western religions. What am I missing here, folks?

"More illegal Israeli settlements are going upon stolen Palestinian land every day. More Palestinian homes are demolished daily by the Israeli occupation and Palestinian families are made homeless. Two thousands Palestinian prisoners are still rotting in Israeli jails."
Soray Amra, Arab-American Anti-Discrimination committee, July 28, 2000

No comments: