Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Lie Machine


I was raised a Christian fundamentalist. At 15 I became suspicious that I was being duped by the greatest lie of all time. By age 21 I had serious doubts about Christianity. In my 20s I began the research to unravel the Great Lie. I started by reading the Holy Bible from cover-to-cover. Oh right, if you read it as literature it's not going to have the spiritual firepower. Actually, it is an interesting mix of a little history and a lot of fables.

I then read a book on the Dead Sea Scrolls. My lasting question was this: If Jesus was God, and knew everything, and was really freaking smart, why did he need to plagiarize? The fact that Jesus was saying things that were found in the Dead Sea Scrolls a few hundred years before was, well, weird.

I studied Latin in High School, so it was only natural that I read Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. That book was another huge eye opener about early Christianity.

In my 30s, I decided to give the Christianity thing one last try, so I became a church planter, which means I helped to start a church. Whew, a lot of work — and it was all a 100% waste.

I had doubts, I became jaded and cynical. I knew that I was smelling a bad rat. In fact, one day I was in a prayer group and this church leader in my group was asking God to get rid of the rats in his house. That's when I realized things were going off the deep end. This is when I realized I was in the middle of a nut farm.

Eventually I split the church ....

In the early 2000s I continued my research on the Internet, and in 2003 I came across the website of Acharya S. This talented author and blogger helped me fill in the blanks and had a massive impact on my life and thinking. I know own six of her books (4 hard copy and 2 ebooks). She has one or two more — she produces material faster than I can read it.

Here are two great quotes that she's posted on her blog recently. They really sum up a lot of what her work is about:

... one of my major focuses is on the thesis that the biblical figure called "Jesus Christ" represents a mythological compilation of characters, including various Pagan gods and the awaited Jewish messiah(s). In my various writings, which include The Christ Conspiracy, Suns of God, Who Was Jesus?, Christ in Egypt and Jesus as the Sun, I bring together evidence that a multinational cabal largely composed of Jews, Samaritans, Greeks, Romans and Egyptians created first the Jesus character and then later Christian tradition, eventually in order to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion.

Here is an excerpt from one of her recent writings. It is written in the context of how religion is used to manipulate young people and fan the flames of violence:

Thanks to our religious authorities and their bogus cults brainwashing all these vulnerable young people to become hateful and very ugly. That's how they get them to march off to war and murder other human beings.

It's obvious who are the real pawns and shills of the "New World Order" - those who go right along with the reigning religious cults, the Abrahamic religions particularly, i.e., Christianity, Islam and Judaism, playing right into the hands of the authorities who created and use these religions to pit people against each other.

These folks brainwashed by mainstream religions are not only nasty and vicious against other human beings but dangerous, as they dehumanize others with their calumny, libel, slander and lies, so that they can mindlessly wreak havoc upon them and, ultimately, kill them.

There is, however, nothing quite as dehumanized as a religious fanatic who robotically believes his authorities without evidence and will therefore abuse a human being, as we see happening here.

Again, very mentally ill, deranged individuals.

No comments: