Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Back, Finally



February was a horrific month with long hours at work and several other environmental tasks on the side. Now that I'm through it all, I just want to say that ... I'm tired!

I have been at this volunteer work for nearly 10 years now and I feel that I've hardly made a budge in saving the World. I am really finding the limits of one individual, especially when family and job take up most of your time and strength. Other than going to the gym a few nights a week, for the most part I just work, day and night. If it's not job work, then it's Sierra Club work. It is work, work, work.

I want to be free, but I don't know what free is. I suppose free is being able to support yourself with out a demanding, long-hours, job. I suppose free is not having commitments, and not doing any volunteer work. Free is just being free.

The picture above? Oh, that's my hero and friend Ishmael. He provides inspiration and keeps me going through all this madness. He is my breath of fresh air.

Now that my month of fun is over, I guess I need to start going to meetings again and interacting with people, and coming out of my little home office. I really don't want to -- I sort of like being a hermit. It makes me feel sort of secure. Why do I drive across Atlanta or across the county to attend all these meetings? I really don't want to, but once I do I'm sort of glad to see like-minded people, and it's good to be exposed to new ideas and information. The more I venture out, the more I grow. But these days I just assume stay home.

Well, I'm not sure what direction I want to go in now. I haven't been sure for the past four years, so I just keep going in the same ol' direction. During my travels last week I had time to think. I think about making a big life change all the time, but I never really do anything. I just hang in limbo as the years pass by. I am not going to be that great leader who saves the world. Actually, I have no idea what I will be.

The Goose

No comments: