Sunday, April 05, 2009

Our Reason For Being

Okay, while eating dinner this evening I just realized what our purpose in life is. Life is a complete and utter miracle, and our purpose is to preserve it — both ourselves and the millions of other species on this Planet. Instead of exploiting and driving other species to extinction, like we are doing now, our purpose in life must be to PRESERVE life.

The next step is to seed the Universe with the life on this Planet. I do not believe the Universe is full of life, as some people suggest. I think we on Earth are the trillion-in-one miracle.

For all of this to work, we humans must first evolve beyond self-destruction, which is the purpose of my blog. We need to somehow get beyond politics and pettiness and follow common sense. Then, we need a common sense of purpose.

All nations need to disarm their militaries and focus on cooperative space exploration. We MUST have a stable population, and religion and poverty must go (the two work in tandum).

I don't believe in, nor want, a utopia. I only want humanity to "fulfill the mission" by serving as the sheperds of life. Once we find some other habital Planets, then people can go back to having all the babies they want. But right now, Planet Earth is way past carrying capacity, and it is everyone's personal reponsibility to procreate and consume in such a way that doesn't harm the Planet or our future.

We need an entirely new way of thinking. Liberals and conservatives alike gasp at idea of a One World Government, but I think it's a good idea. We could get rid of a lot of duplication of services. This United Earth should be a democracy, and should strive for the well-being of ALL people and other species.

Well, I had leftover catfish for dinner, so maybe that was having an effect on me. But, hey, at least now I figured out the purpose of life.

No comments: