Friday, February 27, 2009

The Universal Shit


Your twisted dream becomes my reality.
You've gained the world but have nothing.
Yet you ramble on, oblivious to your irrationality.

You lead me to the water's edge, and tell me that I sin.
I want to drown, to feel the pain, just so I can feel.
And what you tell me, through the dark of night, suddenly seems so real.

I'm taken to the bottom and risen to the stars.
You tell me a hundred lies, all dressed to deceive.
And I'm taken aback, and wondering how the lies have gone so far.

Led away with all the rest.
For refusing to believe the Universal Shit.
I'm taken away, even though I throw a fit.
No rhyme or reason, just more intellectual suicide.

I beg for mercy, I beg for time.
But the powers beyond me, are the powers that are in me.
And what I see or feel no longer matters.
For what they tell me must be true.
Because they know the One Right Way, for me and you.

To my end, I hold onto my dignity, for it is all I have.
Yet a thousand years from now, no one will care.
But still, there is a principle to be found somewhere.
There must be something worth holding to.

But here I am again, floating aimlessly in the dark sea.
Lost in the Universal Shit.

No comments: