Monday, February 02, 2009

Lies

There are so many lies in our culture that it's hard to tell reality from fiction. After a while, some lies become true and take on a life of their own.

Humans use lying and deception as a survival technique. When we deceive ourselves it makes it easier to deceive others.

I know that there isn't much left of truth, but to navigate out of the mess we're in, we need to start facing the TRUTH.

If you ask me a question, I have nothing to hide. You are going to get the TRUTH. To lie is to compromise my dignity and honor, which is about the only things I have.

It is peculiar that religious fanatics run around saying they have the "TRUTH." In their own minds that have turned a collection of fables and Mediterranean mythology into "TRUTH," thanks to the help of some Third Century Roman Catholics. So, suddenly, we have the one and only "TRUTH," which is real nice unless you are gay, a Democrat, or a Hispanic immigrant, or anyone else the holders of the TRUTH do not like.

TRUTH should be based on fact, in the best and most accurate way we know it. TRUTH should be our honesty, not some stupid mind-game. TRUTH should be TRUTH, and to settle for anything less is to compromise one's self.

I'm glad this day has come to an end. I really, really, am. It was a day I'll never, ever forget. And I learned SO MUCH from my experience.

I stood up for the TRUTH today, and my dignity remains intact. It really does.

3 comments:

RedSpider said...

OOOh! What'cha do? What'cha do?
By the way, the StumblingBlock's site blog is now on Blogger instead of on LJ. Just switched it over.

I loved how you put "truth" in all caps everytime, just like the evangelicals do. In one of my many battles with them I noticed that and it inspired me to write a story called... TRUTHENASIA.

It's in its first draft. Would love to share.

Todd the Toad said...

A fellow member of the Leavers -- she's making me CRAZY, literally. But anyway, your new blog is great -- lots of great reading. I noticed there was no comment feature, or am I missing something? Todd

RedSpider said...

Ohhh... okay, I take it you mean this Ava person. I just saw her blast you over the Leavers group. I blasted her back in your honor.

Btw, you're right... somehow commenting just isn't on the posts. Can't for the life of me figure out why, so I'll see if I can't fix that now. Thanks... was afraid I was just unpopular.

Oh who am I kidding? I already know I'm unpopular. That's half th fun!