Sunday, October 10, 2004

Truth Is A Lie, And A Lie Is Truth

Truth Is A Lie, and A Lie Is Truth



Breathe in,
Breathe out.
What you thought might be today
Is really tomorrow.

And the truth you twisted
Became my reality.

I listened, I listened until the night turned to day.
Capturing thoughts on paper, trying to capture life.
It's all too much.

Spinning cosmos and trying to understand it all.
I trusted you, but you betrayed me.
You listened to the corporate whore; you said you needed more.

Little tin soldiers marching in the desert, dying in the desert.
Muddled thoughts try to make sense of it all.

But the speed, the pace, the passion. Far too intense.
Because what is truth today becomes a lie tomorrow.

So, lay there and sleep.
And sip on the holy water to drown your sorrow.

As for me, I spin wildly in the abyss.
While I think about lost loves, victories, and all the things that I miss.

Breathe in, breathe out.
Take me away.
Breathe in, breathe out.
Don't let me stay.

No comments: