Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Destiny of the Righteous



Here we are, a lonely band of over-educated, idealist, intellectuals who are trying to save the world. Opposing us are those who wish to destroy us. It's war, man — it's a war between the righteous and the unscrupulous.

And here I am, just standing here in utter amazement over the fact that humanity has chosen to self-destruct. For every good righteous soul, there are 100 lazy, self-centered slobs who care about nothing but themselves. So, I say, "kill us. KILL US ALL!" Throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So, I go down with my principles intact. So, I crash and burn with my soul, my dignity, honor, and righteousness all INTACT. So WHAT? Who cares. I am writing a blog that can be seen by the whole world, yet know one reads it or cares. I am writing in an empty room and I have no way to call out to the millions of people around me because I don't know how.

People hold on to their delusions, their fairy tales, their myths, their stories ... and I can't reach out to them because I don't know what to say. Burn the fossil fuels people, burn it!

Those sitting in their white churches with their pretty steeples are sending all the gays, Muslims, and hippies to hell. But why go to the trouble when you can just create your hell right here? Maybe that's just what you're doing as your Hummer idles at the McDonalds drive-thru.

Maybe, YOU, my fellow American are the one who is nuts. Maybe your destiny is not to lead, but to follow.

Oh hail the righteous ... and why do you hate us so? WHY?

No comments: